Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Garden - July 14, 2012

Here are pictures of my "garden".  Everything in pots and planters, all started from seed.  The Pansies are volunteers.

Strawberry.  Must admit I am not sure this is an ornamental or not.  As all the plants right now (except the Pansies) the Strawberry spends the night in the bathroom to avoid bugs and marauding mammals.  We get raccoons on the deck - where all the plants go each day - and a couple years ago, either the raccoons or some other creature totally destroyed a pots of herbs I was growing.  Thus, as long as I can.  I bring them in at night.

There will come a time when they are too big for that, then I'll decide next steps.




Here are the herbs:

This is Sweet Basil (top) and Extra Triple Curled Parsley.  Close ups below.  I re-potted everything on Friday, and so far they are hanging in there, after that shock.











Sweet Basil.








Extra Triple Curled Parsley.














Slow Bolt Cilantro.  All the plants, since started from seed, begin their life in pots in the bathroom, where these still are until a bit bigger for re-potting.









And a treat for our furry friends...Catnip.










Now, the vegetables.  Don't get excited...not much going on here.

Picklebush Cucumber. They wilted a bit after the re-potting, but came back fine.












ECU of the Picklebush Cucumber.  My hope is we get enough off these plants for at least one jar of Doug's homemade pickles.














Kong Hybrid Sunflower. This guy used to go out each day on the deck for sun, but the leaves were getting chomped on...you can see that a bit in the picture.  Not sure who was doing the chomping, but I decided to bring them inside for a bit -- hopefully when they are bigger the "chomper" will leave them alone!






So, that's it for the veggies...like I said, not too exciting, but a start.

We'll finish up with a shot of those nice volunteer Pansies.  I plan on moving some of the plants to the other deck planters later this summer and hopefully they will "volunteer" to grow there too.








No comments:

Post a Comment