Monday, June 20, 2011

Brown Skirt

This weekend I worked on some skirts I have, getting them ready for the summer heat that may actually arrive to the Pacific Northwest this week.

This brown skirt is one I have had for a long time.  It was very long, coming just about to the ankles, and I never wore it because I didn't like the length.  Heaven only knows why I didn't shorten it before, but this weekend I finally did.

Here is the skirt on the cutting table:



















I cut off 8 inches from the bottom:



















I took it to the sewing machine, added a 1/2 inch hem, and Voila!  A shorter skirt that will be worn several times this summer! 



















This project took me about an hour.  Get out your unworn skirts and give them new life with a new hem.

No comments:

Post a Comment